Our team of diverse family leaders, teachers, and our principal plan events and activities that help families, students, and teachers work together to understand and support our shared learning goals for students.
We reach out to faculty and families and work with the PTO to include a wide variety of ideas in our planning.
If you are interested in joining the team, would like more information, want to help out with activities, or just have an idea to pass along, be sure to connect with someone on our team. We want to hear from you!
Plans for 2011-2012 include:
- Three Literacy Breakfasts (focus on Sustainability, Diversity, and Inclusion)
- Support of Lunch for Dinner meal, Diversity Dinner, and Spring and Fall Community Dinners
- Monday Morning Coffeeshops
- Workshops for ELL families
- School lunch passes for parents to eat with children
- Continuation of summer Brunch and Books reading and nutrition program
- Sledding party and field day for PBIS behavioral celebrations
- Creation of Story-Walk for children and adults to enjoy outdoors.
- Help with landscaping and raised beds, as well as assistance with inclusion of raised beds in math curriculum
- Creation of a bilingual book collection for the library
- Coordination of Technology workshops to help families access home computers, email addresses, and affordable internet
- Installation of projector and speakers in Auditorium.
- Assistance with Raz-Kids and Xtra-math training and materials
Action Plan 2011-2012
Accomplishments of 2010-2011 include:
- Books and Brunch Summer reading and nutrition program
- Creation of 27 themed Community Book Bags for the SA Community to check out (learn more about book bags here)
- Help with Raz-Kids and Xtra-math for families; materials sent home with students
Check out FSP on TV!
CCTV Family School Partnerships in the Burlington School District.
December 1st, 2011