Our School-Family Style Pizza Day on
April 18th was a great success!
Students were encouraged to help themselves to appropriate portions of pizza and salad, while engaging in conversation with peers, family members and teachers.
Some benefits of family style dining:
- Less wasted food
- Students enhance communication skills
- Students are encouraged to try new foods
- It is a great way to enhance friendships/ student-teacher relationships
- Increased responsibility for students
- Increase in motor skills and child development
SA won a $25,000 Year of the Book grant from the Children’s Literacy Foundation, based in
Waterbury. The grant will provide funding for each student at SA, including our 30 preschoolers, to take home 10 new books as well as funding for new books at the SA school library and Fletcher Free Library. CLiF will provide literacy programming for students and parents throughout the 2017-2018 school year.